RELIABLE GARAGE DOOR MAINTENANCE IN PORTLAND, SALEM AND VANCOUVER
GARAGE DOOR TUNE-UPS CAN EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR GARAGE DOOR!
When it comes to home maintenance, garage doors often go unnoticed. Most homeowners don’t think twice about pulling their vehicle into the garage after a long day’s work. But when the door stops working altogether, it becomes a major inconvenience. At Dave’s Garage Doors, our experienced technicians know exactly what your garage door needs to keep it functioning properly all year long. While it’s impossible to eliminate all garage door problems, proper maintenance can keep them to a minimum!
WHY GARAGE DOOR MAINTENANCE IS IMPORTANT
Garage doors experience a lot of wear and tear throughout the course of a year. The average home raises and lowers the garage door more than a thousand times per year. Problems are bound to show up without proper maintenance. Some problems caused by garage door neglect can include:
- Noisy transitions: One of the first signs that you may need a garage door tune-up is when it starts making a lot of noise going up or down. This may be an indication that something is out of alignment or that a part might be on the verge of breaking.
- Not shutting properly: If your garage door doesn’t shut all the way, it could pose a serious risk to the health and safety of your family. You can easily prevent opportunistic criminals and unwanted animals or pests from entering your home with professional garage door maintenance.
- Broken garage doors: Overworked components and neglected parts eventually wear out, potentially leaving you with a garage door that is either stuck down or stuck open, neither of which is a good situation for you. Instead of waiting for the inevitable to happen and dealing with the hefty repair that goes with it, maintain your garage door with the helpful services of Dave’s Garage Doors.
REGULAR GARAGE DOOR MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Extending the life of your garage door is easy with regularly scheduled garage door tune-ups and maintenance services. Many tasks take only a few minutes to complete, while others need to be handled by trained professionals.
- Tighten up loose hardware: With so many moving parts, it’s essential to inspect and tighten all nuts and bolts on a regular basis.
- Lubrication: Applying the right type and amount of lubrication to the chain or screw on your opener will help keep the system running smoothly and minimize noise.
- Regular inspections: Having a trained eye inspect your garage door is the best way to ensure that everything is functioning properly. Professional technicians will test the balance of the doors, check the tension on the springs, and go over the entire system to catch any minor issues before they become major problems.
Maintaining your garage door is similar to maintaining your car. The more frequently you tune up your car and change the oil, the longer your car lasts. Your garage door system is no different. Frequent preventative maintenance means fewer big repairs later on.
QUALITY SERVICES FOR LONG-LASTING RESULTS
At Dave’s Garage Doors, we specialize in providing fast and reliable garage door tune-ups to the Portland, Salem, and Vancouver areas. Our technicians take a great deal of pride in the quality of their work, utilizing over 30 years of experience to ensure the best results. We’re happy to provide a wide range of preventative maintenance services that will keep your garage door in perfect working order for many years to come. We service all size residential and light commercial doors up to 14 feet tall.